Tinnitus is a term given to the perception of sounds that are not produced by an external source. Tinnitus can be caused by either physical or psychological trauma in addition to hearing loss.
Tinnitus Assessment will include the following:
- Diagnostic evaluation by the Audiologist to establish if there is a hearing loss.
- Matching of the tinnitus to assess its impact on the client’s quality of life.
- Provision of information on tinnitus management strategies.
- Onward referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat Consultant if deemed necessary.
- Information on Cognitive Behavioural Therapist services.
- Provision of devices to help mask out tinnitus, such as pillow speakers, hearing aids or tinnitus maskers.